1. More than 300 million empty toner cartridges end up in our landfills each year.
2. It takes 3 1/2 quarts of oil to make one plastic toner cartridge core.
3. Many empty cartridges end up in cities like Guiya, China where they are burned off or dissolved with hazardous chemicals which contaminates the local air, soil, and ground water.
4. According to the Basal Action Network, one in ten children in Guiya has birth defects due to this type of pollution.
5. Every time you throw an empty toner cartridge into the trash, you are tossing non-biodegradable plastic into a landfill. It will take approximately 1,000 years to decompose!